CPD Events for Education Professionals
Informed by SEF
Solent University Online CPD Event: Supporting BAME Higher Education Access and Participation - 20th January 2022, 16:30-18:00
The event is aimed at all professionals who work with learners from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) communities (including teachers, careers advisors and community workers). Find out about:
· The national education and training landscape for BAME learners (including Key Stage 4, Key Stage 5, Higher Education, and best practice/ideas)
· The journey to higher education: a BAME learners’ perspective
· How Solent University is supporting BAME learners accessing and participating in higher education (including the Solent University BAME Scholarship)
· Harry Kutty, Headteacher at Cantell School and Chair, Aspire Learning Trust
· Dr Abdoulie Sanneh, Community Cohesion and Diversity Officer at Southampton City Council and Chair, The United Voice of Africans Association
· Nona McDuff OBE, Pro Vice Chancellor (Students and Teaching) at Solent University
· Sonia Sood, Staff BAME Network Leader at Solent University
Click here to register - https://gck.fm/xgxps
Click here for further information
Solent University Online Events: Let’s Talk Mental Health Series - Professionals (7th February 2022, 16:00-17:30), Parents/Carers (7th February 2022, 18:00-19:30) and Learners (7th February 2022, 18:00-19:30)
In recognition of Children’s Mental Health Week (7-13 February 2022), Solent University has teamed up with Solent Minds to offer a series of free mental health workshops to support young people (year 10 upwards), their parents and carers and the education practitioners that engage with them on a day-to-day basis.
Each of the three 90-minute sessions will include information, tools and strategies to help identify potential health issues, guidance on where to get advice and support and approaches to looking after your own mental health and wellbeing.
We'll also be giving attendees the opportunity to put their questions to a specialist panel of mental health and student support professionals.